Performancing Metrics

Thoughts of a Piece of Dust: A Potential Comeback

Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Potential Comeback

Not long ago I was browsing through all my bookmarks and came across this blog. I looked at the date and said did a little double take when I realized it's been almost 4 years since I wrote anything here. How could I fill in all those massive gaps? For those of you who know me, you'll know that I went from being in Korea (18 months), to volunteering and travelling in East Africa (3 months), being unemployed (I don't want to calculate for how long, but it definitely seemed a lot longer than it was) to being in London, England. Part of the reason I was looking at the aforementioned links is that I'm about to embark on an even greater move: to New Zealand (Auckland specifically, but we'll see where life takes me when I land). What is different about this move is that I'm going from one overseas country to another. Not the easiest thing to organize, though I guess a lot easier (and cheaper) than flying to Canada and then on to New Zealand.

The last few months have also been a huge period of upheaval in my life, for various reasons. I figured that perhaps a return to blogging might help me sort things out, even if I'm the only one who reads it. At least it's out there. If no one cares, meh. I'm not too concerned.

I spent a bit of time, updating things a bit (blogger has changed, though not that much, in four years). I've added some pictures to the sidebar (still uploading them so that they can display, will take a while with all the places I've been), a twitter feed (yes, I also joined twitter, though same deal as this blog, if people read it, they read it, I'm not too concerned) and a few other things. I may change other aspects as time rolls on.

I don't know how often I'll write, but I want to write about things that interest me. I'm planning to write about books and movies I read and watch. As well as any interesting news I run across. Probably will write about my experiences teaching, as well as my past and future experiences in foreign countries. We'll see. This will probably be a grab bag of stuff with no coherent message or focus. So pretty much a good representation of myself. I'll do my best not to edit things too much. Just write what I feel. I don't want this to feel like a chore, so I'm not going to take it too far (unless someone offers me money to write, then, of course, I'll do whatever I have to).

I'll end this here, but I think I'll try to write something in the next day or so (maybe even later today, though that's not all that likely).

No comments: