Performancing Metrics

Thoughts of a Piece of Dust: Problem of the Day Part X

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Problem of the Day Part X

It's been a while since I asked any questions. Before I give out new questions I have to give some answers to the last two problems.

Part VII

1. A notable doctor had no table and was therefore, not able to operate

2. My lighter is lighter than my wallet.

Carly G. got both for 9 points.

Part IX

I'll be honest, these were vague and pretty hard. You kind of had to know the answers as it would have been hard to figure them out.

1. Elijah Wood was first seen on the screen in Back to the Future II (playing a video game in the future) and later appeared in the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

2. Tim Robbins appeared in Top Gun after Goose (Anthony Edwards of ER) dies in an accident. He replaced Goose as Maverick's (Tom Cruise) flying navigator.

No one even attempted these. Guess they were too obscure.

There has been a lead change in the points race. It's not too late for anyone else to jump in the fray...

I'm going back to patterns this week. I'm hoping they are more difficult than the first ones I gave. Each one will be one point for each blank that I have and one point for the way you found it out:

1)
3, 3, 5, 4, 4, 3, 5, ___,___

2)
77, 49, 36, 18, ___

3)
3, 3, 1, 2, 4, 3, ___, ___

That's 8 points in total up for grabs. Email pieceofdust@gmail.com with your answers.

1 comment:

thefuzzymethod said...

(there was a lead change because someone was too busy trying to find a job...it's all yours, carly)