Performancing Metrics

Thoughts of a Piece of Dust: One of the Best Sites on the Internet

Thursday, March 29, 2007

One of the Best Sites on the Internet

A few months ago, a friend and colleague of mine told me to check out a site called Lifehacker. I took his advice and I was blown away by what I found. Essentially, Lifehacker is a blog full of tips to help you with everything from making your computer work more for you to improving your socials skills. Every day, the authors of the blog add many posts. One feature that I have used profusely is their Dowload of the Day posts. Every day (and often more than once a day), the site profiles a small program that usually happens to be quite useful. For example, yesterday (March 28th), one of their profiles was of a program that will allow computers that have wi-fi to link up to each other without any internet connections.


The site caters to both relative beginners to computer experts. They have many readers who comment on the posts and offer up more advice (if you're willing to read the comment threads). This is one of the sites that I check multiple times daily, and I would suggest that others check it. I have no doubt you'll find something helpful if you check it every once and a while.

1 comment:

thefuzzymethod said...

dude, your big sister told you to check out the same site like, a year ago! (i even have mom and dad going on it every once in awhile)