Performancing Metrics

Thoughts of a Piece of Dust: Which Foods Are Good For Me?

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Which Foods Are Good For Me?

This is often a question we ask ourselves when we're trying to be healthy. Often we have to search for advice. Sure we have Canada's Food Guide, but even though it was recently revamped, it is still short on details. And it doesn't really explain the benefits of the foods we eat.

I have an answer for you. That answer is The World's Healthiest Foods. This website contains a wealth of knowledge which can help anyone eat well. The showcase of the site is it's WHFood List. This list contains all of the foods that fit a set of criteria as healthy foods, including that the food must be a whole food and that is must be widely available, affordable, and tasty. From this list, you can link to pages
which explain the benefits of each of these foods. This information is based on scientific and medical studies and does not make any claims it cannot back up. That list alone has helped me change my diet and has got me eating things I never thought I would eat.


The usefulness of the site does not end there. There are also over 100 recipes on the site among the many other helpful tips to eat healthy. You can also browse the foods by what nutrients they contain.


The site contains this blurb on who they are - the people who maintain the site - and why they exist:

The George Mateljan Foundation is a non-profit organization free of commercial influence, which provides this website for you free of charge. Our purpose is to provide you with unbiased scientific information about how nutrient-rich World's Healthiest Foods can promote vibrant health and energy and fit your personal needs and busy lifestyle


All in all, this site has helped me change my diet and I have never felt better – when I'm eating well that is. I would suggest checking this site. I am fairly certain they keep the information up to date and they list their sources at the end of every article or page.

No comments: