Performancing Metrics

Thoughts of a Piece of Dust: Vector, Vector, Everywhere!

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Vector, Vector, Everywhere!


Before I start talking about my breakfast cereal adventures, I want to mention another reason for putting food posts on Fridays (besides the obvious alliterative connections). Friday is the day I get my SPUD order. Every Friday I get a nice blue bin on my front porch full of wonderful food that I don't have to carry in my backpack from the grocery store. Most of the food is local and organic and often they have things you couldn't find easily in regular grocery stores. Anyway, if you live in Victoria, Calgary or Vancouver (they may have expanded further by now), then I would suggest checking it out if you like organic food and don't like carrying lots of groceries.

So now that that's over with, let me get back to my Vector. A few weeks ago Safeway had this deal where if you bought so many boxes of Vector you would get 100 Air Miles. Yeah, I know Air Miles is something of a scam, but it has gotten me some free stuff, so I'm not too concerned at this time.

Anyway, I bought several boxes of Vector because I really do enjoy it (and plus it was on sale, so why not? It's not like it will go bad). My roommates and I have had a few laughs over how many boxes I have and how long it will last (they seem to think I'll get sick of it, but I don't think they know me well enough yet).

You may also notice in the picture my soy "milk." Note that it's not really milk as there is not really a way to milk a soy bean. There is an interesting story attached to why I have this particular soy beverage. As you will probably be hearing about a lot if you read this blog, I have joined this site on the internet called BzzAgents. They give you stuff to try out and then they ask you to talk about it to other people - and you don't necessarily have to say good things about it. No money passes hands, so I'm not in it for the cash - just the chance to try new things. One of the things they asked me to try was Silk, a "fortified soy beverage." I used to drink (well, used to put it on my cereal) So Nice Organic Soy Beverage - Vanilla flavoured. Silk is slightly cheaper at the grocery stores I got to, and it tastes pretty much the same - though I'd say it's a bit sweeter. Check out their website (linked above) and you'll find they are a pretty ethical company (using wind power, and non GMO soy beans). Anyway, if you like to drink Soy "milk" I'd suggest trying this if it's in your budget.

That's about all I have for today. I promise future posts won't sound like infomercials for stuff. I wanted to post about healthy food, but since my eating habits haven't been so great lately, I thought I'd post about some other stuff related to food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so, since you say the stuff is so great, when am i going to get some of those Silk coupons to give it a try? i'm out of soy "milk" right now and can't bring myself to spend 4.99 on a new one at pepper's.

pretty-looking blog by the way. i'm surprised you didn't make one earlier. i volounteer myself as a guest writer on the subject of university education (is that an option?)