Performancing Metrics

Thoughts of a Piece of Dust: A Mother's Day Poem

Monday, May 14, 2007

A Mother's Day Poem

This week with my class, I had my students write a poem for their Moms to give them today. I wrote an example for them so I thought I'd share that with everyone today:

My Mom
by M. Davidson

Thank you very much dear Mom,

Thank you for the work you did,

And all the time you spent with me,

I know I wasn't the best of kids.


Thank you for the meals you cooked,

That made me grow up big and strong,

For driving me to soccer practice,

And staying late when it went long.


Thanks for cleaning my scraped knees,

My pants were often ripped and torn,

But you cleaned up the icky blood,

And didn't even scorn.


Thanks for washing my dirty clothes,

I know it's hard to stand the stink,

I tried to make it up to you,

By washing dishes in the sink.


Thank you for the yummy cookies,

They often made my day,

I especially like the chocolate chips,

Before I ventured out to play.


Thank you Mom, thank you Mom,

I couldn't have done it on my own,

You truly helped me out a lot,

Now look at me: I'm here all grown.


You really made a difference Mom,

I can't say thanks enough,

So here is where I end my poem,

Without you it woulda been rough!



No comments: