Performancing Metrics

Thoughts of a Piece of Dust: Problem of the Day Part VI

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Problem of the Day Part VI

Ok, so I'll admit I forgot last week and then it got closer to today so I waited a while. But I have some new stuff for you today.

First, the answers from two weeks ago:

Arrive on Time
Tricycle
Robin Hood
Three Degrees Below Zero (no one got this one)
Hi Ho Silver

Both Heather D and Carly G got 4 out of 5 and their points have been updated.

This weeks problems are fairly difficult and require a knowledge of the English language:

1. What is the longest word in the English language that has only one vowel? 2 points
2. Give as many examples as you can of words that don't have any of the traditional vowels (a, e, i, o u). One catch: they have to have at least 6 letters in the words. 1 point for each word
3. What word in the English language has 9 o's and 6 c's? 3 points

Good luck in your search!

Please email your responses to pieceofdust@gmail.com! Answers are due Monday May 14th at 11:59pm.

Since I missed last week I plan on giving another set of questions on Thursday. Keep your eye open for them.

No comments: