Performancing Metrics

Thoughts of a Piece of Dust: Weird Coincidences

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Weird Coincidences

When I started this blog I swore to myself this wouldn't be one of those feelings type blogs where I write that I had a piece of toast for breakfast. While this is not quite a mundane part of my day, it is probably registering high on the "Who the eff cares" factor. Read on if you interested in weird things...

Today I was riding the bus home from my school. I am a fairly observant person and I happened to notice a man beside me (well, I was behind him, but my seat was facing sideways - ahhh, the weirdly arranged bus seats) was reading a book and he was just starting Chapter 6 (yes I realize this is really boring - keep reading). Across the aisle from him was another woman reading a book and since my mind was already on the sight of books I looked a bit closer. I noticed she too was starting a chapter. I looked a bit closer and saw that it was Chapter 7. A simple coincidence you might say.... well it gets a bit weirder.

I had seen another lady (she was in the back corner of the bus, which was in front and to the left of me) reading and I thought after I saw the chapter 6 and 7: wouldn't it be funny if she was starting chapter 8. Well I could see the page she was on by the reflection in the window. I looked and I stared. Could it be? This was really starting to get to me. I almost got up and asked her, but I saw it. The letters: E..... I..... G.... H.... T. I kid you not. I just started to think to myself: Am I in the matrix? Is this some sort of computing error where the random number generator breaks down and goes in order? Surely the odds of three people on a bus all starting a chapter are astronomically small. The factor in the fact that they were on successive chapters. Then what are the odds they would all be sitting near me and I would look at them IN THE ORDER of the chapters. Truly mind boggling...

I hope that didn't bore you to death.

If you have any crazy and weird stories like that, please send them to pieceofdust@gmail.com and I'll publish them... geez, I'm still a bit spooked from this.

2 comments:

Andrew McCartney said...

Ha ha ha I love this Blog spot!!!
Not boring at all. I love the way you see things!!!
Keep it up!
Ciao for now,
Andrew

rain said...

Very freaky. Not boring to me, either.

Jen