Performancing Metrics

Thoughts of a Piece of Dust: I Refuse to Play the Blame Game

Monday, April 23, 2007

I Refuse to Play the Blame Game

After a brief mention of the horrible events of last Monday, I wanted to share some thoughts about this tragedy.

I was unsure of what I was going to write and thought I should talk about how this came to be. Then my sister sent me this link. For those of you who are too lazy to check it out (hey, I know how it is, I don't always have the time to follow up on every suggestion I get), it lists all the different articles on the internet which suggest who is to blame for the events of last Monday. I read through some of them and changed (slightly) what I wanted to say.

Everyone seems to be blaming someone else. Some do it to further their own agenda while others just want to be able to point the finger at someone so that they can make sense of the situation. Some want to label the perpetrator of those horrbile things as insane, crazy, or disturbed. Perhaps this gets off the hook for any blame that we as individuals might have coming our way.

It is very obvious that for these events to occur, many things had to happen. There is no one person who can be put at fault, if anyone can be put at fault. In times like these many of us are just trying to figure out why and how someone could be driven to commit such heinous acts on other human beings. We need reasons, we need people to blame.

This whole thing is a mess. Let's move forward in a positive direction and rebuild what we can. Focus on yourself and what you can do for yourself and others. There is no need to point fingers in this terrible time for all of us.

No comments: