Performancing Metrics

Thoughts of a Piece of Dust: Toronto Sports Update

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Toronto Sports Update

A week ago I posted about the Toronto Sports Teams and the events of the last week have necessitated an update.

1. The Toronto Raptors have officially won the Atlantic division and are currently looking at a Gilbert Arenas-less Washington Wizards in the first round of the playoffs. I'm starting to like their chances now.

2. The Blue Jays are off to a 1-2 start. There have been some not-so-good games in those first three, but I'm going to keep in mind that there are 159 games left for them

3. The Leafs are about 25mins away from their last chance at a playoff spot. They must win tonight and hope that the Islanders lose tomorrow for them to make the playoffs. Right now I am currently haunted by my prediction (right after the Hurricanes won the cup) that the Islanders would win it all this year. Making the playoffs on the last day could certainly start a run to the final... who knows... if you're reading this before 4pm, I urge you to watch the Montreal-Toronto game. If the game is already over, I hope it was a good one....

UPDATE (7:30pm PST): The Leafs won 6-5 so Toronto fans will be watching the Islanders-Devils game tomorrow. If the Devils win, Toronto makes the playoffs.

No comments: