Performancing Metrics

Thoughts of a Piece of Dust: Today is Earth Day!

Monday, April 23, 2007

Today is Earth Day!

I thought I would mention that today is Earth Day. If you want to, today would be a good day to change something about the way you live. Check out the list I gave to you (and that YOU added to) for ideas.


Yesterday, while waiting for the bus, I saw a garbage can that was overflowing with garbage. I did not have my camera to take a picture, but I will describe it for you. I saw the following: a plastic bottle, newspaper, a timbits box, a banana peel, and many more things. What saddened me (and annoyed me) was that many of the things in the garbage did not need to be there. The banana peel could have been composted (or simply thrown into a bush) and the plastics and paper products could all have been recycled. I urge you today to make a difference so that we don't have to look at the unneccessarily overflowing garbage cans in the future.

More to come today...

No comments: